Voluminous data generation on an everyday basis by businesses. How these data are managed and leveraged influence business outcomes and success. Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management (DLM) is a policy-based approach. It effectively defines, structures and manages the path of the large volumes of data throughout its lifecycle – from creation to deletion – within the company.
Importance of Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management
- Visibility: Full visibility enables you to clean the data, remove/ stop collected unnecessary information and organize it in the most usable form.
- Security: Well-defined DLM policies empower you to minimize data risks and strengthen data protection.
- Improved Accessibility/ Usability: A well-thought DLM strategy enables businesses to keep the data clean, usable and easily accessible. So, data-driven business processes be it – decision-making, customer service, sales, marketing, personalization and so on – will become more agile and efficient.
- Compliance: Effective Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management ensures that businesses are compliant with industry-specific laws and regulations, locally and internationally.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Unprecedented data spurts and growth of unstructured data lead to wasteful storage costs for the business. Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management enables you to minimize wastage and costs.
Best Practices to Maximize the Benefits of Salesforce DLM
Establish Data Types and Their Importance
All data are not equal. For instance, accounting data and customer data serve different purposes and must be managed differently. Treating them as equal may cost the business dearly.
Data must be classified based on
- Nature (Private/ public, internal/ external, etc.)
- Value to the business
- Privacy restrictions, etc.
Your Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management policies must enable you to gain visibility into the different data types, volumes, variation, velocity, storage, uses and manipulation of data, among other unique characteristics.
Archive and Secure Seldom Used Data
Identify rarely used data and move it to your backup archives for safe storage. This not only frees up storage space but drives data performance and business outcomes.
Implement Strong Data Backup Plan
Frequently back up all necessary data for quicker recovery from any data breach. Data security and backup plans must be dynamic to keep up with the changing industry regulations and internal needs. Do not collect unnecessary data. Regularly clean data stores.
Proper File Naming Process
Loss of sensitive data, especially owing to its un-searchability, is a massive problem for every kind of business. The adoption of a simple and hassle-free file naming structure will enable any authorized person from the organization to find any data in just a few seconds.
Your Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management solution must enable client-centricity. It must enable your team members to leverage data and craft authentic and tailored experiences for clients.
Choose A Comprehensive Pre-Built Salesforce DLM Solution
Manras offers innovative, scalable and cost-effective solutions for Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management that enable you to seamlessly clean up and manage large data volumes.
Interested in taking your business to the next level with well-defined Salesforce Data Lifecycle Management but don’t know how? Get in touch with Manras, a Salesforce Gold Consulting Partner now and take a step towards efficiency.